The Marine Corps has unveiled a series of uniform changes. Here are some details, according to an official service announcement:
* Colonels will wear rank insignia on both sides of their khaki combat-uniform blouses, with the eagle toward the top of the collar and facing the front. Wings should be perpendicular to the collar’s front edge.
* Field-grade insignia should be worn with the stem parallel to the combat uniform collar’s front edge. The insignia should be parallel to the collar’s edge, when the shirt collar is buttoned.
* Company-grade officers should wear their rank insignia with the bars’ long edge parallel to the combat uniform collar’s front edge. The insignia should be parallel to the collar edge when the blouse is buttoned.
* All Marines are recommended to carry combat-uniform gloves and inserts in their seabags.
* Marines also are recommended to carry an additional pair of hot-weather combat boots to the School of Infantry (SOI) Enlisted Instructor Company, The Basic School, Combat Instructor supplemental allowances. The allowances also should reflect a pair of temperate-weather combat boots, instead of Rugged All-Terrain Boots.