The White House is exploring the possibility of privatizing the Department of Veterans Affairs. Members of one of the nation’s premier veterans’ service organizations, however, believe VA should be fixed rather than dismantled. On March 31, the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) released results of its latest membership survey. Besides opposing privatization, here’s what the 10,800 respondents said:
• They are starting to notice improvement in VA services
• Patients are more satisfied
• Veterans are not waiting as long for health-care appointments
• When veterans choose a health-care provider, they put quality first
• When veterans choose where to get health care, they factor in their options and past experiences.