(pays for inpatient hospital, skilled nursing facility, and some home health care)
For each benefit period Medicare pays all covered costs except the Medicare Part A deductible (2006 = $952) during the first 60 days and coinsurance amounts for hospital stays that last beyond 60 days and no more than 150 days.
For each benefit period you pay:
- A total of $952 for a hospital stay of 1-60 days.
- $238 per day for days 61-90 of a hospital stay.
- $476 per day for days 91-150 of a hospital stay (Lifetime Reserve Days).
- All costs for each day beyond 150 days
Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance
- $119.00 per day for days 21 through 100 each benefit period.