As you know, the most important factor in your retirement planning is fully understanding your federal retirement system. The more you know, the better the result. As we’ve said before, the federal government has some information available to you concerning your retirement systems, however, most often this information is outdated and not written from the federal employee’s perspective. These brand new 2017 CSRS and FERS Retirement Planning Guides contain the very latest critical information on your retirement benefits and are written in plain-English specifically for you, helping you take full advantage of your opportunities and avoid costly mistakes.
Our planning guides simplify the retirement planning process, help you calculate your annuity (with plenty of examples), warn you about possible reductions in your annuity, tell you how Social Security fits into the picture, and what to do about health and life insurance. In short, they contain everything you need to know to make your retirement a success.
Take a look a just some of what’s in these 2017 retirement planning guides:
• Leaving service before retirement eligibility
• Key retirement terms you need to know
• Social Security and the Thrift Savings Plan
• How to calculate your annuity (with plenty of easy-to-follow examples)
• Eligibility requirements
• Different retirement types (regular, early, deferred, special disability)
• Credit for military service
• Deposits and redeposits
• Cost of living adjustments
• The effect of divorce on annuities
• Social Security
• Public Pension Offset
• Windfall Elimination Provision
• The Thrift Savings Plan
• Taking health and life insurance into retirement
• Special retirement (law enforcement, air traffic controller, etc.)
• Annuity taxes
• Annuity reductions
• Survivor benefits
• And much more!
Note: CSRS-Offset employees should order the CSRS version and those who switched from CSRS to FERS want the FERS version.