Armed Forces News

Any U.S. citizen who will be 18 years old or older on the date of the November general election may register and be eligible to vote. U.S. citizens overseas who register on a Standard Form 76, Federal Post Card Application, can vote in all elections held at their home of record for a period of one year. An alternative to the standard FPCA is the online version, which can be filled out on the Federal Voting Assistance Program’s Web site at, printed and mailed to local voting officials. Upon approval of the registration form, the voter will be mailed a ballot. Officials expect ballots for the November presidential election to arrive sometime in September (see following item). However, service members and eligible family members should not wait until the last minute to mail their ballots.