Armed Forces News

The Pentagon is making a concerted effort to let veterans know they can review and challenge discharges that are tainted by error or injustice. The department is inviting veterans’ and military service organizations to provide feedback regarding the services’ military/naval-records and discharge-review boards. Veterans who wish to upgrade their discharge or separation papers can find relevant information at several locations on the Defense Department web site, They should be able to:

Show why the action was unjust or erroneous.

Provide facts to support their contentions.

Produce copies of their service records.