Competing and prevailing in 116-degree heat, Army Spec. Bernard Keter has earned a spot on the U.S. Olympic Track Team. Keter will compete in the men’s 3,000 meter steeplechase – after having completed the event with a time of 8:21:81 during the U.S. Track and Field Olympic Trails on June 25 in Eugene, Oregon.
Other Army Olympians include:
* 1st Lt. Amber English, shooting
* Sgt. 1st Class Elizabeth Marks, para swimming
* Staff Sgt. Sandra Uptagrafft, shooting
* Staff Sgt. Naomi Graham, boxing
* Staff Sgt. Kevin Nguyen, para shooting
* Sgt. John Wayne Joss, para shooting
* Sgt. Amro Elgeziry, modern pentathlon
* Sgt. Ildar Hafizof, wresting
* Spc. Alejandro Sancho, wrestling
Three soldiers will serve as coaches on Team USA: Sgt. Terrence Jennings, taekwondo; Sgt. 1st Class Dennis Bowsher, modern pentathlon; and Staff Sgt. Spenser Mango, wrestling. The games take place July 23-Aug. 8 in Tokyo.