The House Veterans Affairs Committee has passed a package of VA-related bills including several affecting employment policies there:
* HR-1948, to provide the full range of bargaining rights to VA medical personnel that apply to other VA employees and to federal employees in general.
* HR-293, to establish qualifications and related performance metrics for each human resources position within the Veterans Health Administration.
* HR-2704, to require the VA to review its policies against sexual harassment and discrimination and strengthen training and reporting requirements.
* HR-2788, to eliminate a cap on the number of full-time employees at VA who provide equal employment opportunity counseling.
* HR-2429, to generally require that VA police officers wear body cameras, increase public reporting of police-involved incidents, and require standards for police staffing at all facilities.