Among newly introduced bills in Congress are:
* HR-2042 and S-845, to strengthen protections for federal employees against retaliation for requesting information under FOIA or the Privacy Act.
* HR-2043, to require that the information in the “Plum Book” currently posted only once every four years on politically-filled positions and certain other senior positions including career SES be updated monthly.
* HR-1902, to eliminate use of official time by federal employees for certain union-related purposes.
* HR-1948, to provide the full range of bargaining rights to VA medical personnel that apply to other VA employees and to federal employees in general.
* HR-2059 and S-838, to allow federal firefighters to trade shifts without affecting pay or using annual leave.
<blockquote><a href=”https://www.fedweek.com/fedweek/signs-emerge-of-future-state-of-federal-workplace/”>Signs Emerge of Future State of Federal Workplace</a>
<a href=”https://www.fedweek.com/fedweek/two-court-rulings-boost-employee-disciplinary-protections/”>Two Court Rulings Boost Employee Disciplinary Protections</a>
<a href=”https://www.fedweek.com/fedweek/postal-plan-addresses-insurance-other-employment-issues/”>Postal Plan Addresses Insurance, Other Employment Issues</a>
<a href=”https://www.fedweek.com/fedweek/usps-takes-lead-on-new-leave-fund-still-no-word-from-opm/”>USPS Takes Lead on New Leave Fund; Still No Word from OPM</a>
<a href=”https://www.fedweek.com/fedweek/misunderstanding-circulating-on-new-leave-fund/”>Misunderstanding Circulating on New Leave Fund</a></blockquote>