My ex wife has not submitted her claim to her portion of my retirement. She was awarded 1/3 pro rata share of my retirement. I was active for 26 years and about 6 months. Her lawyer is trying to get me to sign a QDRO which will not be accepted by OPM as stated by their instructions. Are federal employees ever required to pay an ex spouse any portion an annuity out of pocket before anything filed with OPM in this kind of context?
Blocked by moderator
- Late-Year Retirement Considerations: 2022 Has Advantages for Feds
- Report: Dry-up of Social Security Fund Could Trigger Large Benefit Reductions, Tax Increases
- TSP: Don’t Spend it All in Once Place
- Early Marker for 2024 Raise Set: 5.2 Percent
- OPM to Close FLTCIP to New Enrollments Starting December 19