Military time combined with federal service time


Are my 7 years and 9 months of active duty, honorable discharge, able to be combined with my 10 years of federal service towards retirement?

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on December 21, 2020 8:44 pm
Private answer

In most cases yes as long as a deposit to cover those years/month of service is complete. Depending on what agency you work for, you complete Form RI-20-97 and send along with your DD-214s to your military pay center. They will tell you your basic earning while in the military. Taken that to your HRO. You will owe 3% of the amount plus interest on the unpaid balance if you have worked for the government for more than 3 years. Once the deposit is complete, that time now counts towards your FERS and your Social Security benefits.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 353)
Answered on December 21, 2020 10:40 pm
Payments have been made and the military time added but now, with less than one week to retire, the MYPERS (AF) says they cannot verify the service nor that the payments were made. They claim the discharge DD 214 is wrong because it does not have the date of original enlistment. It does, however, have the prior service years, months and days. Won’t accept other enlistment papers either. What are the chances of busting the roadblock in less than one week? Who can help?
( at April 24, 2021 3:49 am)
Will the time immediately be credited to length of service for leave accumulation or will it not show up until retirement paperwork is submitted ?
( at May 16, 2021 5:00 pm)