Former federal employee, what to do when reaching MRA?


This might be obvious but… I left the federal government in 2017, after 11 years in service. What do I need to do when I reach MRA, in 2033, to initiate receipt of my retirement benefits? I’m sure there are forms I need to fill out, etc, but I can’t find anything online about the process. I’m assuming, for starters, OPM will need to know my current address and/or bank info. Thanks.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 1, Answers: 1)
Asked on March 12, 2021 2:05 am
Private answer

I am answering your question as if your MRA was in the near future! You complete form RI 92-19 90 days prior to when you wish your retirement to commence. Here is the link for today’s version of that form: It will state when you want your annuity to commence and everything else OPM will need to begin the process.

Blocked by moderator
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 351)
Answered on March 12, 2021 3:08 am
That’s very helpful, thanks!
( at March 12, 2021 3:18 am)