As you know, the most important factor in your retirement planning is fully understanding your federal retirement system. The more you know, the better the result. As we’ve said before, the federal government has some information available to you concerning your retirement systems, however, most often this information is outdated and not written from the federal employee’s perspective.
This 2020 CSRS Retirement Planning Guide in eBook format contains critical information on your retirement benefits and are written in plain-English specifically for you, helping you take full advantage of your opportunities and avoid costly mistakes.
FEDweek’s CSRS 2020 eBook is available for $9.99 through multiple online retailers including:
Take a look a just some of what’s in this 2020 CSRS Retirement Planning Guide:
• Leaving service before retirement eligibility
• Key retirement terms you need to know
• Social Security and the Thrift Savings Plan
• How to calculate your annuity (with plenty of easy-to-follow examples)
• Eligibility requirements
• Different retirement types (regular, early, deferred, special disability)
• Credit for military service
• Deposits and redeposits
• Cost of living adjustments
• The effect of divorce on annuities
• Social Security
• Public Pension Offset
• Windfall Elimination Provision
• The Thrift Savings Plan
• Taking health and life insurance into retirement
• Special retirement (law enforcement, air traffic controller, etc.)
• Annuity taxes
• Annuity reductions
• Survivor benefits
• And much more!
Note: CSRS-Offset employees should order the CSRS version and those who switched from CSRS to FERS want the FERS version.