As you know, the most important factor in your retirement planning is fully understanding your federal retirement system. The more you know, the better the result. As we’ve said before, the federal government has some information available to you concerning your retirement systems, however, most often this information is outdated and not written from the federal employee’s perspective. Our brand new FERS Retirement Planning Guide contain the very latest critical information on your retirement benefits and are written in plain-English specifically for you, helping you take full advantage of your opportunities and avoid costly mistakes.
It simplifies the retirement planning process, helps you calculate your annuity (with plenty of examples), warns you about possible reductions in your annuity, tells you how Social Security fits into the picture, and what to do about health and life insurance. In short, they contain everything you need to know to make your retirement a success.
Take a look a just some of what’s in this “Brand New” 2018 FERS Retirement Planning Guide:
- Special Retirement Supplement
- Leaving service before retirement eligibility
- Service Computation Date
- MRA +10
- Sick leave conversion
- Retirement eligibility
- Early Retirement
- Key retirement terms you need to know
- Social Security and the Thrift Savings Plan
- How to calculate your annuity (with plenty of easy-to-follow examples)
- Eligibility requirements
- Different retirement types (regular, early, deferred, special disability)
- Credit for military service
- Deposits and redeposits
- Cost of living adjustments – COLAs
- The effect of divorce on annuities
- Social Security
- Public Pension Offset
- Windfall Elimination Provision
- The Thrift Savings Plan
- Taking health and life insurance into retirement
- Special retirement (law enforcement, air traffic controller, etc.)
- Annuity taxes
- Annuity reductions
- Survivor benefits
- And much more!
Note: CSRS-Offset employees should order the CSRS version and those who switched from CSRS to FERS want the FERS version.