The most important factor in your retirement planning is understanding the federal retirement system and benefits. The more you know, the better the result.
Our brand new 2022 FERS Retirement Planning Guide contains the very latest critical information on your retirement benefits and is stated clearly to help you take full advantage of opportunities and avoid costly mistakes.
This reference guide clarifies important topics such as the retirement planning process, maximizing and calculating your annuity, the role Social Security plays, as well as health insurance, life insurance and the TSP.
Included in this Brand New FERS Retirement Planning Guide for 2022:
- Special Retirement Supplement
- Leaving service before retirement eligibility
- Service Computation Date
- MRA +10
- Sick leave conversion
- Retirement eligibility
- Early Retirement
- Key retirement terms you need to know
- Social Security and the Thrift Savings Plan
- How to calculate your annuity (with plenty of easy-to-follow examples)
- Eligibility requirements
- Different retirement types (regular, early, deferred, special disability)
- Credit for military service
- Deposits and redeposits
- Cost of living adjustments – COLAs
- The effect of divorce on annuities
- Social Security
- Public Pension Offset
- Windfall Elimination Provision
- The Thrift Savings Plan
- Taking health and life insurance into retirement
- Special retirement (law enforcement, air traffic controller, etc.)
- Annuity taxes
- Annuity reductions
- Survivor benefits
- And much more!
Note: CSRS-Offset employees should order the CSRS version and those who switched from CSRS to FERS want the FERS version.