You already know the basics of your TSP plan; now it’s time to kick things into high gear. We developed the TSP Investors Handbook especially to help you squeeze the most out of your investments and other benefits of the popular TSP program. This brand new “6th Edition” handbook places the TSP among your other assets and explains the real value of its best features.
Take a look at just some of what’s new in this All New Sixth Edition of The Thrift Savings Plan Investor’s Handbook:
- New, more flexible withdrawal options.
- TSP’s new policies on investment limits, inter-fund transfers and transfers from other retirement savings programs.
- Roth investing (tax-free withdraws to benefit more from compound interest).
- A detailed perspective on what the “new” TSP is all about-and what it means to you.
- The relationship between the TSP and IRAs-what types of accounts can be involved in transfers and under what circumstances.
- Special rules for employees who are also Reservists or National Guard members-when they can establish a second, “military” TSP account, how much they can invest in it, how the two accounts work in relation to each other, and considerations for combining accounts.
- Newly Revised tables on rates of return and an analysis-and how they can guide your TSP investment and withdrawal strategies.
- Completely updated guide to resources, forms and services available in the TSP program.
What else is in this all-new handbook?
- What the TSP’s Design Means to You: Payroll Withholding, Rates and Contributions, Tax Treatments, Roth Balances, Investment Choices, Loan Programs, In-Service Withdrawals and more…
- The TSP’s Place in Your Overall Assets: TSP Tax Advantage, Administrative Expenses, TSP’s Role in Your Retirement Savings, TSP’s and IRAs, Balancing Risks and more…
- Time and Timing Considerations for Continuing TSP Investing: Account Growth, Maximizing Investments, Risk and Return, The L Fund, Your Time Frame and more…
- Investment Questions and Answers: Investment Rules, The G Fund, The C Fund, The F Fund, The S Fund, The I Fund, The L Fund, Tracking Returns andInterfund Transfers and more…
- Looking Ahead to a TSP Withdrawal: Growth of Current Account Balance and Future Investments, Translating Your TSP Account into Potential Income.
- A Framework for Your Withdrawal Decision: Projecting Your Basic Federal Retirement Benefits and Income from Other Sources, How Long Your Might be Retired, Assessing Your Income Goals and Needs, Timing Your TSP Withdrawal and Finding the Best Deal.
- Lump Sum Withdrawals and Annuities: The Advantages and Disadvantages as well as Tax Implications.
- Survivor Benefit Considerations: TSP Death Benefits, Civil Service Retirement Survivor Benefits, Social Security Survivor Benefits and Your Survivor Annuity Choice.
- TSP Contacts and Forms: TSP Service Office, The ThriftLine, The TSP Website and Forms.